Heading out on vacation with kids is such an exhilarating experience. Everyone is full of energy and happy and ready for adventure. Coming home not so much. That being said I am glad we survived the day and no one was put out of their misery by their Father.
Time claims ever second, minute, hour, day and year. It is unrelenting in its appetite. As I took some time to myself this morning to reflect on 2016 I have been overcome with Gratitide. It has been an incredible year for myself, my husband, my family, and my friends. I am grateful for the abundance life has to offer each of us and the lessons we can learn. A few highlights of my year.
- Son leaving for his mission in Chile 🇨🇱 and all that surrounds this singular event. I cannot even begin to list the blessings. This one experience alone would a lifetime make.
- Trump winning the election. For those that follow my blog and know me. Yeah this was an epic upset and I am thrilled!
- Our move to Idaho. One of the single biggest decisions of our lives and one that came with an absolute confirmation this was God’s will.
- My husbands successful Exit from one of his business ventures. Hard work does pay off. Congrats my love ❤️ and thank you for dinner!
- The Gift of Hope and the inspiration to spread this message to others in a way that has changed lives. May Hope spread.
- BYU Football having a great season and the future looks bright. RIP Coach.
- Swimming with Dolphins. 🐬 I can’t wait to see you again. I am keeping my promise and bringing my kids to see you. One of the most memorable experiences of my life.
- Travel. This year brought many changes including the opportunity to visit some places I have never or rarely been. Hawaii, the Oregon Coast, Orlando, Manhatten, Cape Cod and Island Park. Other places I was able to spend time include Jackson Hole, San Diego and Las Vegas. We are starting 2017 off right with a trip to Costa Rica.
- My Testimony
- Wonder. I tend to look at everything and ask questions. For those that know me best probably find this childlike response to the world contagious. “It is the gift of Wonder that we are inspired to Explore.”
Thank you 2016 and 2017 I welcome and embrace what is to come. I still am in awe many of you follow this blog. Over 10,000 followers and growing every day. With much gratitude. Angie 😇
This has been a whirlwind of a week so far. I loved Wicked on Broadway! I will be coming back to see more. I have seen some great plays in the past but this was a whole new experience. Downloaded the soundtrack already. Got up the next morning and headed to Boston. Was picked up by Rebecca, spent a short time in Boston then headed for the Cape. Met Sarah who is from the area and said our goodbyes to Rebecca after lunch. Two new friends that I already love. After some afternoon business we had a late dinner and she dropped us off at a Bed and Breakfast in East Falmouth. She is from Mashpee close by so she definitely got us a beautiful room. I was really dragging by dinner. Just had a salad and lots of water. I sometimes get dehydrated and it really kicked my tail. Crashed pretty early. Yesterday we ended up going to Chatham and Orleans. Deep into the Cape on the East. Even in Winter it is beautiful here. I can only imagine what it must be like in the Summer months. Sarah says there are a lot more people and it takes forever to get around. We had an incredible dinner of Fish & Chips in Orleans then headed back. It gets dark early here. This morning we had an early meeting then caught a ferry to Nantucket. We are here and wow! Will spend the day here and dinner then head back to Boston tonight. Early flight home tomorrow. We should make it in time to see the BYU football game and basketball game tomorrow. I imagine I’m going to be very tired tomorrow night lol. I am so excited to see our kids. I always miss them so much when away. By day three it really sets in! Oh I did get an email from my missionary Tuesday. He is doing so well! I miss him but am so thrilled he is happy. He says everyone is excited for Thanksgiving. A General Authority will be visiting them! It has been such a fun week seeing so many beautiful places. I am just happy we didn’t have to drive in Boston. 😇.
Something funny…I have been wearing my BYU apparel reppin’ the Y all week. I don’t think most of these people know anything about college football. I would have thought someone would be a UMASS fan lol. But no!
July for several years has been the heart of our Summers. So much to do and only 31 days. Never ever enough time. With family leaving today to head home here is a recap of why July is so great! What we did…the List
- Visited Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, and Park City and Bear Lake in Utah
- Laser Tag
- Star Trek Beyond
- Hikes including the Y
- Razors up in the mountains
- Jet skis
- Paddle Board and yes I stood up. ❤️’d it!
- Games sooooo many late nights and afternoons of games
- James Bond Spectre
- Sold a house
- Bought a condo
- Bought a house
- Condo warming party
- Set up a condo
- Birthday party
- Ate soooo much food
- Swimming pool multiple times
- Family pictures twice
- Slept in, stayed up late, didn’t sleep at all
- Played more games
- Had more sex, almost got caught lol
- Made new friends
- Got a refill of hot chocolate! Thanks Steve
- Shopped downtown Park City
- Ate lots of Ice Cream
- Went to the Temple 4x
- Dessert at the Chocolate
- Watched some of the GOP Convention
Still to do before end of month
- Girls Camp starts tomorrow
- Jason Bourne
- Star Trek Beyond again
- Start packing
- Group party with friends
- Being released from YWs next Sunday
- More sex when I get home
- Sons mission call is coming Yay!!!
It has been very busy but I wouldn’t have changed a thing. We have had the most amazing Summer! Feeling tired and blessed. Keith and I were laughing when we woke up today. Was like did we just sleep most of the day! Was awesome! ❤️
I’m home. Keith is home. It was fun reuniting with him at the airport. Crazy week with him going one direction and me another. But it happens. So excited to be home and to sleep with my guy.